Ayurveda is a natural form of medicine that originated in India more than 3000 years ago. The term Ayurveda was derived from the Sanskrit words Ayur meaning life and Veda meaning science or knowledge. You can therefore say Ayurveda is the science of life or knowledge of life. And why are we discussing Ayurveda? This is because we would be going into traditional medicines of the Indians, one of which includes the ashwagandha herb. In this article, we would be discussing Ayurveda, ashwagandha herb and also list the best ashwagandha brands there.
In recent times, the west has been seen to begin to catch up with some natural medicines and herbs in managing some ailments. One of these herbs is the ashwagandha herb. This herb is most common in India. It is a type of adaptogen plant and can also be found in some parts of Africa and the Middle East. It is the star ingredient in Ayurveda.
Below is the list of the best brands of this herb
- Oweli ashwagandha
- Four Sigmatic adaptogen blend mix
Pros of these brands include
- They are super relaxing
- They contain pure and potent formulas.
- They are independently tested
- They are highly and positively rated by their customers
- Usually, fast-acting
- They can aid in weight loss
- Can be mixed with soups and beverages or juice.
- Some contain potent adaptogens.
- They could cause stomach upset if a large quantity is ingested
- They do not come cheap, they are quite expensive.
Principle of Ayurveda practice
Have you ever wondered what Ayurveda is all about? Then you should know this at first, the goal of Ayurveda is to prevent and help tray your illnesses but make sure the balance in your body is maintained, your mind and consciousness likewise, through proper hydration, diet and healthy lifestyle, in conjunction with herbs.
The two main types are: traditional and Maharishi
Benefits of practising Ayurveda
- Aids weight loss and maintenance. With a healthy diet and lifestyle modifications, Ayurveda treatments help you to shed excess body fat by aiding detox through correct dietary restrictions.
- Helps keep healthy, glowing skin and hair. With Ayurveda, you can dump your expensive treatment and Chicago-filled products. The best way to keep your skin healthy is by going organic and natural.
- Also, it helps you relieve stress, which in turn reduces anxiety through regular yoga practice, meditation, breathing exercises, massages and of course herbal treatments.
- Reduces inflammation that has been caused by the lack of proper diet, irregularity in sleep patterns, unhealthy eating and indigestion. These are sometimes the cause of neurological disorders, cancers, hormonal problems and even cardiovascular issues. Using Ayurveda eating techniques will reduce the risk of that.
- Helps clean the body or aids detoxification which in turn lowers blood pressure, and cholesterol and alleviates symptoms of illness and diseases.